Top 4 Reasons Why You Need the Best Mold Removal Services
If you do some research online, you may somehow get the idea that you can remove mold in your home on your own without a hitch. But there are reasons why most homeowners just hire the best mold removal services instead of going the DIY route.
The following are some important facts that you need to consider when dealing with mold:
Your home has all the key ingredients for mold growth. Mold requires lots of moisture and a temperature ranging from 41 to 100 degrees F, and both conditions are often present in our homes. What’s more, the materials used for building our homes are the very food items that mold feed on. Mold loves to eat various dead organic materials, and that’s its niche in nature.
So mold considers all the items in your home as virtual dishes in an all-you-can-eat buffet. These include the wood that’s used for your walls, floors, and furniture, the various paper products like wallpaper and cardboard, the upholstery and fabrics, the plaster and cement, the carpet, and the materials used for insulation. Have all these things along with the right temperature and moisture and mold can grow within 48 hours.
Mold causes all kinds of health problems. You have chronic sinusitis, which keeps you from breathing through inflamed nasal passages for at least 3 months at a time. It’s been found that this problem isn’t really an allergic reaction to the fungus. Instead, it’s really an immune reaction when your immune system sends blood cells to attack the mold fungi. This attack causes nasal membranes to become irritated.
One mold specialist has revealed that 25% of the world’s population has the genetic predisposition to this particular problem.
Then there’s also asthma. This is a condition that affects up to 300 million people in the whole world. Scientists aren’t yet entirely sure what causes asthma, yet research studies have uncovered that infant exposure to mold can increase the risk of asthma. Babies who have been exposed to mold in their first year are 3 times more likely to develop asthma than infants who weren’t exposed to mold.
Mold can seriously lower the value of your property. Mold is a fungus problem, so it’s basically alive. If you don’t kill it properly, it’ll just grow and grow. After all, the living conditions are just about perfect in your home. The problem is that when you leave it untreated, you end up with not much of a home at all. Mold can grow to rot the wood of your home, which will then lead to structural damage. This damage can be so extensive that your home can end up pretty much worthless.
The more you wait in getting rid of the mold, the more serious the problem gets and the more expensive it becomes. You have to spend more when the area of the mold infection becomes larger, and that’s especially true when they infect spaces that are more difficult to access.
Amateur efforts are often inadequate. You simply do not have the expertise, experience, and specialized tools to deal with mold effectively. First of all, mold growth isn’t easy to see. That’s because they’re often found in out-of-the-way places like under the sink and the appliances and inside closets and crawlspaces. That’s why oftentimes you can smell mold first before you can find it.
When you do find it, you can’t be entirely sure of your cleaning agents. You also aren’t doing anything to make sure that they mold doesn’t come back. With pros, you can be very certain the mold is completely eradicated, and the source of the moisture can be dealt with so that they don’t come back right away.