July 29, 2008
From the Lightroom-Journal:
Changes from LR2 beta to LR2 below:
- Hierarchical Dates and locations in the Library Filter. (Including days of the week for the date)
- The Volume Browser in the folder panel.
- Improved iconography for folders, collections, collection sets and output collections.
- Dedicated keyword input field in the keywording pane.
- Ability to add or remove metadata filter columns.
- Improved Keyword List interface. (Including filter by keyword to manage and organize keywords)
- Repositioned and refined dual monitor support location and experience. (Moved from right to left and the ultimate dual monitor experience is much more polished in terms of performance and stability
- Ability to set target collection for quick collection shortcut(b). (Target any collection as the target when you hit the B key)
- Lightroom Web, Metadata and Export SDK available on the Adobe Dev Center
- Local control improvements
- Complete list of local controls including, Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Clarity and a color toning option available for the brush or gradient adjustment tool
- Additional gradient adjustment tool
- Improved auto-mask functionality
- Improved brush performance
- Additional post crop vignette options: roundness, feather
- DNG Profiles Concept
- DNG Profile Editor available on Labs
- Profiles for our current raw support list available
- Match camera JPEG looks in the Calibration tab by selection Camera Standard profile
- Export to JPEG functionality in the Slideshow Module. (Intermediate format for additional authoring tools)
- Enhanced output sharpening
- 64-bit memory handling improvement