November 17, 2006
Restores Film Grain Effects in Digital Images and Automates Labor-Intensive Retouching with Single-Click Ease
Newly Enhanced Noiseware Plug-in version 4.1 also Released
Press Release: Imagenomic, an independent software vendor specializing in high-performance software tools for digital photography, has announced the release of two new Plug-in products to complement its award-winning NoisewareTM portfolio. Imagenomic’s Noiseware Plug-ins have also been updated to version 4.1, with new enhancements such as a faster preview mode, an undo/redo feature, and other improvements.
RealGrain Plug-in incorporates versatile and proprietary methods for simulating grain patterns, the color and tonal response of different films and scan resolutions to accurately replicate the smooth, even look of grain found in conventional film. Key features include:
- Automatic adjustment of grain size based on the physical image dimensions, rendering accurate grain patterns for varying image sizes;
- Precision pre-sets for a range of default effect options and a number of stock color and black-and-white films;
- Simple and intuitive controls for grain balance, tonal range and color fine-tuning for superior output quality and picture vibrancy;
- Workflow customization through software “presets” which are dynamically captured and tailored to the requirements of the individual photographer and their unique styles of shooting.
Portraiture Plug-in eliminates the tedious and time-consuming steps of selective masking and pixel-by-pixel treatments currently required with digital portrait retouching to remove unwanted imperfections while retaining important picture details. Key features include:
- Intelligent smoothening and blemish removal while preserving skin texture and other important portrait details such as hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, etc.;
- Powerful Auto-Mask feature, which recognizes the optimal skin tone range of the image automatically as an initial step for manual fine-tuning or batch image processing;
- Precision controls for fine-tuning the smoothening process, enhancing the sharpness, warmth, brightness and contrast, as well as softening controls to produce glamour and other stylized effects;
- Pre-defined presets for one-click effects, and the ability to capture custom presets for signature workflows.
RealGrain and Portraiture Plug-in products are designed with professional photographers and photo enthusiasts in mind, and include key User Interface features such as Smart Preview Bracketing which has been lauded in Imagenomic’s Noiseware Plug-ins.
Both Plug-ins work with 8-bit and 16-bit images and are compatible with Adobe Photoshop 7.0/CS/CS2 and Elements 2/3/4.0. The Portraiture and RealGrain Plug-ins are available in both Mac and PC editions, and free trial use versions can be downloaded from Imagenomic’s website (www.imagenomic.com).
Imagenomic’s CEO, David McDonell, states: “We are gratified by the beta response to our two latest plug-in editions. Professional photographers and Photoshop expert users have described these plug-ins as ’highly complementary, easy to use, and fast.’ One professional retoucher claims they have “revolutionized” his workflow, noting how they help reduce time-consuming retouching projects to just a few minutes with superior results. For the typical pro studio photographer with thousands of images from commercial assignments, the return on investment in time and money is compelling.” Mr. McDonell added: “these initial reactions, coupled with the positive community feedback and market recognition for Noiseware, give us great optimism for a very successful launch. Imagenomic’s vision is to deliver photographic tools which offer unique creativity and productivity benefits within the digital workflow. The addition of RealGrain and Portraiture Plug-ins to our product portfolio is a testimony to that vision.”
About Imagenomic, LLC
Imagenomic, LLC is a privately held, independent software vendor specializing in digital imagery enhancement solutions. Using our proprietary, patent-pending algorithms, we are focused on creating high-performance software tools for retouching, noise and artifact removal, sharpening and other image correction and enhancement processes. Our award-winning products have been acclaimed by our global customer community and industry peers for their superior processing speed, picture quality and overall ease-of-use. For additional information, please visit http://www.imagenomic.com