October 10, 2006
(Editor’s Note: this is a location correction-originally we had posted that the trip was to Photoshop World but Italy is way cooler)
From the Official Rules section of the site: “The Best of Show winner will go on assignment for Photoshop User magazine to Rome, Italy to create a cover image for the magazine. Photoshop User will provide round-trip airfare for the winner, and an assistant of their choice, along with hotel accommodations, hotel transfers, and daily expenses. The cover they create will be used on the cover of Photoshop User magazine.”
“All you have to do is enter NAPP’s “Photoshop User Awards: the first worldwide Adobe Photoshop Competition) and win the grand prize and the trip is on me. Not only that, you’ll get to design a cover of an upcoming issue of Photoshop User magazine. Not bad, eh?
OK, so what if you don’t win the Grand Prize? Well, we’re also picking winners in 11 different categories to win a $2,500 prize package, plus all the winner’s art will be featured in an article in Photoshop User magazine. But if you don’t enter, you can’t win, so enter your work today. Check out the full details at http://www.photoshopuserawards.com”
You may submit one (1) to a maximum of three (3) pieces in any of the following categories (you may not exceed three image submission total).
1. General Photography (digital or traditional scanned images manipulated or collaged in Photoshop)
2. Illustration (original creations drawn or created in Photoshop)
3. Artistic (artistic creations)
4. Photo Restoration (Restoring or repairing damaged images – die: rips, scratches, tears, faded photos, etc.)
5. Wedding and Portrait Photography (Wedding or Portrait images enhanced using Photoshop.)
6. Landscape & Travel Photography (Outdoor photography enhanced or corrected, or processed in Photoshop)
7. Photo Retouching (Retouching people, landscapes, architectural images, commercial retouching, etc.)
8. Advertising Design (Images used in brochures, annual report collages, advertising, logos, etc.)
9. Composites and Collaging (Collage of images).
10. Student Work (Images created or manipulated by students. NOTE: A valid student ID is required to enter work in this category).
11. General Photoshop Design (Images that don’t fit into one of the categories listed above, die: cartoons, Photoshop graffiti art, tattoo art, medical imagery, astronomy, etc.).
This competition is open to all Adobe Photoshop users around the world. The work submitted must be your original work, and must have been created between January 1, 2006 and December 31, 2006. For additional information, please see the Official Rules.
Click here to see how to enter.
Click here to see previous winners.