April 5, 2006
Source: The Book Standard
Christina Aguilera’s Four Inches
Comments By Patrick J. Eves
What do you get when you cross four inches with Christina Aguilera, Victoria Beckham, Anne Heche and 41 other scantily clad celebrity women? Either disappointment or a bestselling photography book.
Those 44 women model four-inch Jimmy Choo heels in Four Inches, the top-selling photography book in the country last week. Proceeds from the $65 hardcover go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
The book was originally released on May 25 in London and launched with an auction that raised $2.3 million for the charity. The book launched in the U.S. with an auction at New York’s Cartier Mansion on June 16 that raised $225,000 and was followed by an auction in Los Angeles on June 21 that raised $357,000.
The top 5 photo books?
1. FOUR INCHES (Scriptum Editions, Hardcover, 1902686519)
2. ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS2 FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS, Martin Evening (Focal Press, Paperback, 0240519841) Way to go Martin!
3. FRESH FRUITS, Shoichi Aoki (Phaidon Press, Hardcover, 0714845108)
4. POSTCARDS FROM THE BOYS, Ringo Starr (Chronicle, Hardcover, 081184613X)
5. UNDERSTANDING EXPOSURE, Bryan Peterson (Amphoto, Paperback, 0817463003)