February 23, 2006
Source: Photoshop Support Knowledgebase
Issue: Text is missing in buttons, menus, or the registration window in Adobe Photoshop CS2.
Detail: You have McAfee VirusScan 8.0i installed.
Do one or more of the following solutions:
Solution 1: Patch McAfee VirusScan 8.0i to Patch Version 10.
Solution 2: Disable the Buffer Overflow function in McAfee VirusScan.
Solution 3: Exclude Photoshop CS2 from Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
1. Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Performance, click Settings.
4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
5. Select “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.”
6. Click Add.
7. Navigate on your hard drive to \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Photoshop.exe.
8. Click OK.
9. Restart your computer.